CAMP KEATON HAMILTON June 11th - 13th, 2021
WHAT IS CAMP KEATON?
Thank you for your interest in Camp Keaton Hamilton.
Cabin Big Buddies
Children are assigned volunteers, Cabin Big Buddies, whom they will spend the camp weekend with. Each Cabin Big Buddy must participate in training to prepare for working with the children. The individual attention that the Cabin Big Buddies provide throughout the weekend is part of what makes Camp Keaton so special. Cabin Big Buddies are there to offer support and companionship for the campers.
Grief Activity Facilitators
Grief Activity Facilitators support the campers through various activities that allow them to express their feelings. Activities are planned by our Director and Grief Counsellor. Each Grief Activity Facilitator must participate in training to prepare for workin with the children. Bereavement experience is an asset.
Camp Keaton volunteer training begins March 2021.
Volunteer training dates are in the evenings and on Saturdays - March 4, 6, 11, 13 and March 16. You must attend all dates to volunteer for Camp Keaton Hamilton.
Mandatory Volunteer Meet & Greet in May Date TBA
Mandatory Meet & Greet - all volunteers, campers and families in May Date TBA.
Print the Camp Keaton Volunteer application package, complete and submit by email, fax or mail to Karen Nowicki, Camp Keaton Administrator by January 29, 2021.
Click Here to Download the 2021 Volunteer Application
CAMP KEATON CAMPER APPLICATION AND PROCESS
- Please complete and submit your camper application by Friday, March 26, 2021. Only completed forms will be considered.
- Acceptance into the Camp Keaton Program will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Attend a family interview to ensure 'camper readiness'.
- Attend the Camp Keaton Parent Training in May Date TBA.
- Attend the mandatory "Meet & Greet" event in May Date TBA as an opportunity for campers, families, and volunteers to meet each other and receive additional important informaition about Camp Keaton.
- Campers must live in the catchment area boundaries - Hamilton and surrounding area, Oakville/Mississauga, Fort Erie/Niagara Falls, Guelph, Brantford.
Print the camper application package, complete and submit by email, fax or mail to Karen Nowicki, Camp Administator by Friday, March 26, 2021.