Adult Day Wellness
Please note: Due to Covid 19 all programs are being offered virtually or via telephone.
Adult Day Hospice Program Wednesdays 10am-2pm
Our Day Hospice Program is available to individuals residing in Greater Hamilton who are living with a life-threatening illness. This is a place and space for you to be yourself in a caring, compassionate, and home-like setting. At Day Program, you will find rest and relaxation, supportive relationships, therapeutic value, and even just plain fun! The focus is on affirming life and living it to the fullest. Our program is coordinated and staffed by a Palliative Care Registered Practical Nurse and also supported by our trained hospice volunteer team and certified complementary therapy practitioners.
What We Offer
- Support for living well – individual consultations with Palliative RPN, workshops, and more
- A listening ear - companionship and conversation
- Respite for care givers - go take a nap, do errands, or relax!
- Nourishing homemade food experience – snack, full course midday meal, with accommodation for dietary needs and preferences
- Music Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Humour Therapy
- Complementary Therapies (Massage, Reiki, Touch Therapy, Reflexology)
- Creativity and assistance with legacy leaving – art, stories, scrapbooks, personal projects
- Outdoor enjoyment – stroll in the woods, sit at a waterfall, walk the labyrinth
- Special guests (artists, musicians, magician, horticultural therapist, therapeutic clown)
- Table games/cards
- Celebrations… FUN!
Comments about Day Hospice
"The day program with its caring staff and dedicated volunteers filled an important part in Mac's life…he really looked forward to going. I was always grateful for a little time to run errands and keep appointments, but I too, enjoyed my time there…what pleased me the most and made my heart glad was the obvious care, kindness, affection and dedication shown to Mac by staff and volunteers – I felt very comfortable leaving him with the 'hospice angels'.' Bev
"Coming to the day program gave me a new lease on life. My one big wish is that we get another day!" Ivy
"It's my most favourite time of the week - I look forward to it every week, and every day in between." Karen
"Keep going with the same program as it is right now, you can not improve with something as good as you are doing now. Thank you." Maria
For any questions regarding our Day Hospice Program, please contact Cherylin Kislosky-McLellan by phone at 905-387-2448 ext. 2209 or by email at email@example.com.