BOARD OF DIRECTORS, DR BOB KEMP HOSPICE
The Dr. Bob Kemp Hospice (DBKH) is a Palliative Care Facility which provides excellence in care to those individuals with a life threatening illness who are in the final stage of their life. The DBKH operates 10 residential beds, and provides community supports through a Volunteer Visiting Palliative Care program and a Day Hospice Program. Palliative Care physicians, nurses, personal support workers, bereavement support and volunteers work together to provide compassionate care that celebrates life for these individuals and their families.
DBKH is currently recruiting senior Board candidates who have skills in fundraising, communication and who are actively involved in the community. Interest in palliative care and quality-based care would be an asset. We are also seeking interested community members with skills in finance, fundraising and strategic planning to serve as community members on Board Committees.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please email your resume and covering letter outlining your community involvement, relevant knowledge and experience to Jane Evans, Chair, Nominating Committee.
Casual Registered Nurse
The Dr. Bob Kemp Hospice, non-profit palliative care residential and community support service, is looking for Casual Part Time Registered Nurse.
- Boss relationships
- Command Skills
- Conflict Management
- Customer focus
- Timely Decision Making
- Directing others
- Ethics and Values
- Functional/technical skills
- Integrity & trust
QUALIFICATIONS: Education &Experience: Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Completed Degree/Diploma from recognized university/college in nursing
- Must be a current registrant in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Nurse Certification or commitment to pursue
- Demonstrated expertise with pain and symptom management
- Ability to function in a leadership role
- Experience functioning in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively in small group settings
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must have multifaceted and time management skills accompanied by flexibility
- Computer literate
Fast paced environment with many competing demands and/or changing of priorities. The work will be in a residential environment with many interruptions, distractions and extended periods of moving and standing. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. There will be engagement with volunteers, residents, visitors and staff.
PLEASE FORWARD LETTER OF INTEREST AND RESUME describing your qualifications and experience to:
Debbie Robinson, DIRECTOR OF RESIDENTIAL CARE, 277 Stone Church Road East, Hamilton, ON, L9B 1B1
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline of posting: October 30, 2016 at 4:00pm.
NOTE: (no resumes will be accepted after the deadline).