Pediatric / Youth Volunteer Visiting
Please note: Due to Covid 19 all programs are being offered virtually or via telephone.
Children’s Volunteer Visiting Program
The volunteer visiting program provides a matched volunteer for two hours per week to support the caregiver in their home. Working with the caregiver’s needs, the volunteer can provide companionship and enhanced social supports in the following ways:
- Light housekeeping, meal prep and clean up around the home
- An outing to the park and/or play ground
- A listening ear or companionship
- Outing to appointments
- Childminding while caregiver rests and/or does
- other activities around the home (provided child’s medical needs are stable)
- Assistance with homework
- Reading, playing and doing crafts with the child and/or siblings
Contact our Coordinator of Children and Family Support Programs at 905-387-2448 ext. 2230 for eligibility and to apply.