Adult Volunteer Visiting
Please note: Due to Covid 19 all programs are being offered virtually or via telephone.
Our specially trained Volunteers offer social and emotional support to individuals and families living with a life-threatening illness in Greater Hamilton. Support is provided through phone and video chat.
What We Offer
- Volunteers you can trust and depend on
- One or two visits per week for up to 4 hours per visit
- Availability of more than 1 volunteer depending on client needs
- Respite for family and informal caregivers
- Companionship by engaging with clients in life-enhancing activities, such as:
- Friendly Conversation & Support
- Letter Writing, Journaling and Legacy Leaving Projects
- Sharing, Hobbies & Interests
Home Support Volunteers
- Are thoroughly screened with pre-training and post training interviews
- Are reference checked
- Provide police clearances
- Complete 33 hours of intensive Hospice Palliative Care Education, meeting the standards set by the Hospice Association of Ontario (HAO)
- Are offered ongoing support and educational opportunities at the Hospice
- Have access to our library resources
For any questions regarding our Volunteer Visiting Program, please contact Cherylin Kislosky-McLellan by phone at 905.387.2448 ext. 2209 or email her by clicking here.